If you want to impress your guests or family with a nice elegant weeknight dish, try this two-ingredient recipe which is so easy to make, with a very delicious result.
Every seafood lover would agree with me that scallops are so delicious, meaty and easy to prepare, especially in the air fryer, which gives them that juicy and perfectly tender texture. Imagine them rolled in the crispy golden bacon, mmm… It definitely is the perfect match! If you are not the scallop lover, you may try to make this dish with chicken instead, it will turn out evenly great.
- If you want perfectly crisp bacon, try cooking it before wrapping the scallops. You will be amazed with the result.
- To cook scallops properly, be sure that you get any moisture out by placing them between paper towels.
- Use toothpicks to secure that bacon fits around the scallops without moving.
- When you use air fryer, remember to turn your food halfway. In that way, it will be evenly cooked on both sides.
REASONS WHY I ABSOLUTELY LOVE AIR FRYER :
- Food is much crispier than when you prepare it in the oven.
- It heats up in the matter of minutes, without heating up your kitchen.
- It is way healthier than deep frying, leaving your house without the smoke and smell.
- It makes it easy to heat up the leftovers, boil eggs, and make dinner in it, so I am actually using it way more than my oven.
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 25 mins
8 slices centre cut bacon
16 large sea scallops, cleaned and dried with paper towels freshly ground black pepper, to taste
olive oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. It should take 3 minutes.
- For crispy bacon, firstly cook it in the fryer for 3 minutes turning halfway. Then remove and put it aside to cool down.
- Dry the scallops between paper towels, and remove any side muscles on them.
- Use one slice of bacon to wrap each scallop and secure it with the toothpick.
- Sprinkle with some black pepper to your taste, and spray olive oil over the scallops before cooking.
- Put rolled scallops in the air fryer in a single layer, and cook for 8 minutes. Turn scallops halfway until they are delicate and tender on both sides, and bacon is crispy enough.
- Serve hot.
- There are different ways to serve this delicious dish, over some mixed greens, or over some cauliflower puree. Spinach with garlic and oil would also be a good fit with these. You can include some broccoli as a side dish, too. Whatever way you serve it, it will turnout perfect.
Calories: 138kcal, Carbohydrates: 3.5g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 654mg